Healing Joy: A Weekend Way to Enter Advent
All of us who have grieved know that unbidden joy can heal pieces of a broken heart. But joy itself these days seems in need of healing. Given the climate of anxiety, abuse and dislocation that the world seems to be turning in, expressing joy can be hard to do without concomitant feelings of guilt and inauthenticity.
In this near-Advent retreat, we’ll explore our right and even responsibility of living joyfully. Entering into the mystery of the Incarnation, we aspire to inhabit the bold, Christian call to life abundant on a planet of apparent scarcity. Encouraging our wounded joy, we hope in turn to be healed by it.
- Not a completely silent retreat
- Presentations given
- Some group activities
- Limited spiritual direction available
Facilitated by Greg Kennedy & Dan Leckman SJ
- $325 – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
- $299 – Standard Room – private single bedroom with sink, desk and chair
- $195 – Commuter – a private room is not included with these fees