A Weekend of Awe and Wonder
Too often we take for granted the universe in which we find ourselves. We see the images of the Hubble and the James Webb telescopes or of the latest electron microscopes and we say something like “Yep, it’s beautiful; but move on – what will the weather be like on the weekend?” We need time to truly appreciate the vastness, the complexity, the scale, and the age of this universe which has given rise to humans. Is the universe cold and indifferent to us humans, as some scientists believe? Or has it evolved in such a way that it seems to have been waiting for us, as other scientists propose? Is evolution God’s patient tool for growth? What difference might a weekend spent in paying attention to the wonders of our universe and reflecting on them make in understanding our role as humans in this universe and in our relationship with the Trinity?
- this is a guided retreat with time for silence
- viewing a variety of videos
- personal prayer as well as facilitated group faith-sharing
- Participants are asked to bring their laptop, tablet or cell phone (as well as ear phones), if you have such.
Facilitated by Bernie Carroll, SJ and André Auger
Renovations to the accommodation wing included new flooring, countertops and beds. We created 20 ensuites and the shared washrooms have been upgraded.
- $325 – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
- $299 – Standard Room – private single bedroom with sink, desk and chair
- $195 – Commuter – a private room is not included with these fees
To fill out application, select your accommodation choice by clicking the Quantity box and selecting 1.