- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL – Finding Your Way: Weekend of Discernment
February 25 @ 7:30 pm - February 27 @ 2:00 pm| $125
Be part of this retreat designed for people who need time and support in decision making. It will be an online experience using Zoom. It includes personal prayer time to support personal integration of whole-group, small-group, and individual interactions. Opportunities to speak with the presenters about the discernment process form a part of the weekend. Limited to 18 participants.
Please note that space is limited so register early. Deadline to register is February 18.
God constantly creates and imparts God’s Spirit to us. Ignatian discernment names a process by which one makes choices to live in the light of God’s Spirit. In the process of Ignatian discernment God is a partner in a person’s or a group’s choice. Divine desires for creation are revealed in Jesus, the Word of God, in Christian tradition and in the life of each person. This last self-communication of God is felt as one’s abiding desires.
- “I came with decisions to make but could not get started. I am leaving with a straightforward process to get me started and I have confidence that this process will lead to good decisions.” -2020-21
- “I appreciated the genuine concern and helpfulness I was shown by others. A caring attitude was ‘tangible’ in everyone’s ‘Quiet’ interactions.” -2020-21
- “The sessions along with the handouts provide the background and knowledge to take home and apply discernment in my life.” -2020-21
Paul Panaretos is a Jesuit Spiritual Director on the Staff of Loyola Retreat House. Joe Waters is one of its regular Guest Spiritual Directors. Together they redesigned Finding Your Way with these outcomes:
- To notice God’s life in you experienced as your deep desires
- To grow more discerning in all your choosing, especially, important choices
- To welcome God to decide with you: to align your desires with God’s desires for you