- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL – Finding Your Way: Weekend of Discernment
June 11 @ 7:30 pm - June 13 @ 2:00 pm| $125
Be part of this retreat designed for people who need time and support in decision making. It will be an online experience using Zoom. It includes personal prayer time to support personal integration of whole-group, small-group, and individual interactions. Opportunities to speak with the presenters about the discernment process form a part of the weekend. Limited to 18 participants.
Please note that space is limited so register early. Deadline to register is June 4.
God constantly creates and imparts God’s Spirit to us. Ignatian discernment names a process by which one makes choices to live in the light of God’s Spirit. In the process of Ignatian discernment God is a partner in a person’s or a group’s choice. Divine desires for creation are revealed in Jesus, the Word of God, in Christian tradition and in the life of each person. This last self-communication of God is felt as one’s abiding desires.
- “I learned the importance of articulating my desires and considering them. My desires are God’s way of telling me who I am. I also learned to always to be listening, patient, and prayerful…thinking about the different ways God might be speaking to me.” –2018
- “Loved sharing with my group; listening and thinking and reflecting and gently caring for each other.” –2019
- “I did not expect the emphasis on feelings and connecting feelings with discernment. I’m mostly a thinking person, usually dealing with quantitative data at work. So the concept of feelings are data for discernment leaves me with a lot to reflect.” –2019
Paul Panaretos is a Jesuit Spiritual Director on the Staff of Loyola Retreat House. Joe Waters is one of its regular Guest Spiritual Directors. Together they redesigned Finding Your Way with these outcomes:
- To notice God’s life in you experienced as your deep desires
- To grow more discerning in all your choosing, especially, important choices
- To welcome God to decide with you: to align your desires with God’s desires for you