Scroll down for application. First step is to choose the style of room (subject to availability).
Our major training program in giving the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius is a Three-Phase Program. Each phase is an entity in itself. Candidates apply for each successive phase separately upon successful completion of the previous phase.
Phase 1 has two components:
- The Full Spiritual Exercises Experience – October 4 – November 13 – 30-day Spiritual Exercises of Ignatius, preceded by five Disposition Days of silent preached retreat, includes daily meeting with a spiritual director; followed by five Appropriation Days of reflection on the experience.
- Exploring the Heart of Ignatian Spiritual Direction – November 17 – December 9* – Approximately four weeks of seminars; includes study of the Spiritual Exercises, Discernment of Spirits, the life and wisdom of Ignatius, training and practicing skills in listening as spiritual directors. Space is limited.
Phase 1 is an intensive educational experience, not a practicum in Spiritual Direction.
Price – $8.855 CAD – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
If one has previously made the Spiritual Exercises and does not feel called to do so again, one may apply only for the second component here.
- Successful participation in at least one individually directed 8-day retreat
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Completion of each phase or appropriate equivalent prior to acceptance into the next phase.
There is an application process for this program. For the application package please contact the registrar by email or call 519.824.1250 ext. 266. The fees reflect both both components.
Application deadline is August 1. Note: If you reside outside of Canada or the USA, we advise you to apply by May 15 and immediately being process to obtain a visa.
* Seminars begin on November 17, 9 am. Arrival needs to be no later than the prior day. There is no orientation the night before. All Phase 1 participants depart on the morning of December 9.