- This event has passed.
Let Us Break Bread Together
March 11, 2021 @ 7:15 pm - 8:45 pm
on the Anniversary of the COVID Pandemic
A virtual Agape Meal adapting
Teilhard’s Mass on the World*
- Break bread together (virtually)
- Honour our sorrows and grief
- Gather what graces we are experiencing (and there is always Grace)
- Bring our hopes and longings
- Placing it all on God’s altar, in community
Led by Yvonne Prowse, Spiritual Director at Loyola House
Participants need ability to log into Zoom link. Bring bread and wine or juice. Details will be provided upon registration.
Agape refers to unconditional love. The Agape meal or feast has a long history in the Christian tradition, celebrating God’s unconditional love for us, and the love we strive for with one another.
* When serving in the trenches of World War I, and later during geological research in the Ordos Desert of China, Pierre Teilhard de Chardin, SJ, found himself with none of the necessary elements to celebrate Eucharist – no bread, wine, paten, even altar. In prayer, as the sun rose on a new day, he discovered that the whole world was the altar, and his liturgical poem, Mass on the World, developed from there. In a year when we, too, have often been unable to gather at the altar, sharing bread and wine together, Teilhard’s Mass may serve to draw us closer to one another in the heart of God.