Unfortunately we have had to CANCEL this workshop. Please direct any questions to registration(at)ignatiusguelph.ca.
The Spiritual Directors’ Workshop (SDW) is an intensive 12-day training program in spiritual direction. It includes material and experience which we consider foundational to everyone engaged in spiritual direction.
This year, the Loyola House Team is taking the SDW “on the road” as this in-person workshop will be held at the beautiful Villa Saint Martin, outside of Montreal. (More on this below)
The SDW offers participants the chance to gain confidence in their own skills and to appropriate new skills.
This is achieved through high quality presentations, case studies, small group work, study, prayer, and team work. We use the principles of adult learning during the SDW. All of Loyola House’s training programs are rooted in the experience of the participants. Likewise, all of the presentations are grounded in the experience of the Loyola House team.
The SDW includes a practicum for participants to do spiritual direction under supervision, as they pray through the 2nd Week of the Spiritual Exercises together. Maximum of 14 participants.
Who Should Apply
The SDW is suitable for those –
- with experience in spiritual direction who want to hone their skills
- who have started to move into this ministry and want to gain confidence
- who already have some knowledge of the Spiritual Exercises and are interested in acquiring a greater practical understanding of them and their application in the world
Each time we offer the SDW we welcome women, men, laity, religious, clergy, and people from various faith traditions.
The SDW is open to persons who have completed the full Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius under personal direction, either in the month-long retreat format or in daily life. We presume that the applicants have already had some experience of discernment and decision-making according to the dynamics of the Exercises.
The workshop is presented in English. Competency speaking and reading English is required. Program application may be submitted in English or French.
July 5 from 4:30 to 5:30 pm. Supper at 6pm, program begins at 7pm.
Villa Saint Martin
Villa Saint Martin is in a picturesque setting on the banks of Rivière-des-Prairies, outside Montreal. It has been serving the community as a Jesuit spirituality and retreat centre for 100 years.
How to apply
- Obtain an application package from the Registrar (see contact information below).
- Complete and return the entire application and non-refundable application fee of $100 CDN by May 20.
- Applicants will be notified of their acceptance as soon as possible after their package has been received and processed. Applications received after the deadline will be considered based on available space.
- Payment can be made by cash, cheque in Canadian dollars to Ignatius Jesuit Centre, VISA/Mastercard or online.
- Complete applications will be assessed by the Acceptance Committee. Applicants may be asked for a telephone interview.
There is an application process for this program. For the application package please contact the registrar by emailing registration(at)ignatiusguelph.ca or call 519.824.1250 ext. 266. Application deadline: May 20.