“This program was informative, helpful, prayerful, and academic. The caliber of faculty was quite impressive.”
“The staff at Guelph possess a remarkable depth of knowledge and wisdom. I learned the skills of and experienced the benefits of spiritual direction.”
This 11-week practicum provides participants with fundamental skills in on-going spiritual direction and directing 3- to 8-day retreats. There are four components:
- A personally directed 8-day retreat, which becomes a spring board for learning about retreat direction.
- The Spiritual Directors’ Workshop: an intensive 12-day training program in spiritual direction. Includes a 3-day spiritual direction practicum under supervision.
- A seminar developing themes in Spiritual Direction for retreats and on-going direction.
- the opportunity to direct on three 5/8-day retreats with daily supervision, dependent upon suitability and readiness of each participant, as determined by Loyola House staff.
Cost: $9,995 CAD – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
Who Should Apply
The Summer Practicum is suitable for:
- Christians of all traditions who pray and who possess an ability to understand and express interior experience
- people who are serious about their own spiritual journey and have some experience of accompanying others
- members of various religious and lay communities who show spiritual leadership potential
- mature individuals who are in formation and are looking for a program to help prepare for the ministries of Ignatian spirituality
- practitioners of Ignatian spirituality
Application deadline is February 1.
Applicants must have made the full Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius under personal direction, either in the 30-day format or the Exercises in Daily Life.
The Summer Training & Practicum program is now full – at capacity for 2023. We will be posting 2024’s training programs in the Fall of 2023.