Annual Deadline: January 30.
A diversity of agricultural enterprises located on the Ignatius Jesuit Centre lands has demonstrated synergies and increased entrepreneurial capacity. Ignatius Farm tenants crop varying acreages, and have included the following organic farming enterprises: field crops, tree fruits, plant & tree nurseries, medicinal and culinary herbs, hops, willow propagation for land remediation, livestock, pasture & hay, garlic and vegetables with limited water needs.
As croplands become available for lease, a Request for Proposals (RFP) is opened. The RFP aims to find entrepreneurial individuals, groups, or organizations to implement new models of ecological agriculture at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre who will rent available acreages and/or the farm house.
Applications are accepted year round, however applications for land for the upcoming spring will not be accepted after January 30. Applications received between February and June will be assessed over the summer.
There is limited land availability in 2021. Small plot agriculture options will be available in the future.
If your business is new or small enough to start with a Community Garden plot of 2000 sq. ft., reach out to identify the best fit.
Complementary proposals that Ignatius Farm is especially interested in:
- Organic/ecological crops and livestock. These may marketed in part to existing Ignatius Farm CSA members & community gardeners. Organic certification is optional; following the Canadian Organic Standard is required.
- Seed-saving enterprises; breeding
- Forest gardening/permaculture/alley cropping – diverse annual and perennial cropping
- Research, education, and outreach programs involving any of the above forms of production
- Low water-use, long-term soil-care
Direct all acreage rental inquiries to the Farm Manager – farmmanager(at)ignatiusguelph.ca – at 519.824.1250 ext 243.