- This event has passed.
New Farmer Training Program – Term 2
May 3, 2021 @ 7:00 pm - July 28, 2021 @ 8:00 pm| $242 – $1242
Registration for Term 2 is OPEN! Sign up here.
Register for the whole term or choose individual events (registration will open for individual events 4 weeks prior to the event).
NEW! Sign up as an individual, or register your farm team or household of up to 5 people! This option is only available for full term registrations.
VENUE: Online. All events are recorded to allow participants to watch on their own time. Recordings will be made available within 48 hours of the event.
Here’s the line-up for Term 2:
- May 3: Full term participant Virtual Meet-Up, 7-8pm
- May 5: Chicken Production at Three Forks Farms, 2:30-3:20pm
- May 10: Field and Bed Preparation, 2:30-4pm
- May 12: Weed Management, 2:30-4pm
- May 17: Irrigation Basics, 2:30-4pm
- May 19: Harvest and Post-Harvest Principles, 2:30-4pm
- June 2: Running a Full-Season CSA with Cedar Down Farm, 2:30-3:30pm
- June 7: Making Great Compost, 2:30-4pm
- June 9: Virtual Field Day TBA, 2:30-3:30pm
- June 14: Greenhouse Seeding, 2:30-4pm
- June 16: Virtual Field Day TBA, 2:30-3:30
- June 21: Cover Crops and Green Manures, 2:30-4pm
- June 23: Rooftop Farming at Ryerson Urban Farm, 2:30-3:30pm
- July 12: Keeping Sheep on an Organic Vegetable Farm, 2:30-4pm
- July 14: Large-scale Organic Vegetables with Cookstown Greens, 2:30-3:30pm
- July 19: Farmer Reset, 2:30-4pm
- July 21: Raining Gold Farm, 2:30-3:30pm
- July 26: Beyond Land Acknowledgements, 2:30-4pm
- July 28: Nourishing a Reciprocal Relationship with the Land, 2:30-4pm, and Full term participant debrief virtual meet-up, 7-8pm
Prices will increase after April 26.