Farm Worker – Contract position
- Funding – Canada Summer Jobs (pending approval)
- Contract: June 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021 (contract length funding) dependent
- Deadline – June 1, 2020 (Early applications encouraged)
- Number of Positions – 4
- Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Ignatius Farm is looking for passionate, imaginative, eco‐minded individuals to help us care for the Ignatius organic farm. You will help build the Ignatius Farm vision of developing local food systems, innovative greenhouse production, eco‐spirituality, community shared agriculture, and education
Ignatius Farm grows certified organic vegetables and berries for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, farmers markets, local businesses and service agencies. The Farm’s programs include community gardens, acreage rentals, internships, working shares, volunteer opportunities, and several
annual community events.
- KEY ACTIVITIES include –
- Plant, transplant, weed, harvest and clean vegetable and berries…
- Perform field activities…
- Friendly and effective customer service
- Log activities and field production information
- Utilize field and harvest tools safely…
- Support maintenance of tools, equipment & structures
- Weekend work may be required
Do read the job description here in full, as it includes Key Activities, Experience, and Funding Eligibility information.
Cook – Full-time, Permanent
- Rate of Pay – $17 per hour
- Start Date – Apply now to start as soon as we reopen!
- Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Ignatius Kitchen is located at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre in Guelph. We provide wonderful meals to clients on retreats, and to our conference and business clients. From food preparation to menu planning we live out the ecologically sustainable values that run though all aspects of our organization.
The Ignatius Cook will participate as a member of the small Ignatius kitchen team in food prep & menu planning, food sourcing, always using the freshest ingredients – locally sourced whenever possible; including from our very own organic Ignatius Farm. Are you passionate about cooking? Do you have experience with local, organic, vegetarian, sustainable & ethical food production?
We’re looking for someone with experience cooking as an active member of a small team; someone with a positive attitude and ability to take initiative and strong organizational and problem solving skills.
We offer a comprehensive employer paid Benefits Plan after 3 months of employment; an employer matched Pension Plan; great hours – never working late; a spacious, sun-lit & air-conditioned kitchen.