Ignatius Farm Internship
- Full-Season Contract: April 20-November 13, 2020
- Summer Contract: April 20-August 28, 2020
- Deadline: February 4, 2020
- After full review of the Internship Information Package and job description submit resume and letter of interest with application details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ignatius Farm grows certified organic produce for Community Shared Agriculture (CSA) members, farmers’ markets, local businesses and service agencies. The programs include community gardens, acreage rentals, internships and farmer training, working shares, volunteer opportunities, and seasonal community events.
Are you passionate and ecologically-minded? The Ignatius Farm’s vision actively supports community food systems, innovative regenerative crop production, eco-spirituality, community shared agriculture, and farm education!
The Ignatius Farm Internship training combines weekly education curriculum with hands-on field work to develop your skills and knowledge as a farm worker. It is foundational for aspiring farmers and for work in ecological agriculture or food system advocacy.
Read the full job description here, and be sure to follow the Application Details in the job description.
Summer Land Worker
- Summer Contract: May 4-August 28, 2020
- Deadline: February 14, 2020
- Submit resume and letter of interest to email@example.com
Summer Land staff work directly with full-time staff and volunteers in a team-oriented environment to care for the varied landscapes at the Ignatius Jesuit Centre.
Key activities include mowing lawns, gardening & landscaping, trail maintenance, tree planting, and stream restoration.
- Interest in environmental, forestry, horticulture and or natural resource management
- Experience with motorized equipment (mowers, string trimmers, pickup trucks, etc.) an asset
- Ability and willingness to work outdoors, often in adverse conditions (heat, rain, insects, etc)
- Ability to complete physically demanding tasks
- Ability to work safely, with an interest in learning new skills
- Ability to take initiative and work both independently and as a member of a team
- Valid G2 or G Class Driver’s License
We thank all applicants in advance; only those selected for interviews will be contacted.