Ignatius Farm has a community garden plot just for you! Perhaps you used to garden but no longer have the growing space, or maybe you gardened alongside your parents when you were a child and now you want a garden of your own. Maybe you’ve never gardened before but are hoping to get started! Regardless of your skill level or experience, the Ignatius Farm is a welcoming and beautiful place to get gardening, be a part of your neighbourhood farm, and build a wonderful sense of community. See below for important documents to review before you begin.
- Read the Community Garden Plot Guidelines before you dig! Use these guidelines to learn more about the garden plots, resources, and expectations for managing your garden.
- Register online for a community garden plot this season! Mulch and compost are also for sale.
- If online shopping isn’t for you, download the registration form and send it to us via mail.
- Find out about events and important timelines here, like when to begin planting, and when the plots must be cleaned up. Lots of volunteer opportunities available with endless amounts of appreciation!
- See Tips for a Healthy Garden for a pathogen and pest free garden and reference guides for common garden pests and diseases.
- Read about bartering opportunities here. Eager gardeners can trade volunteer tasks for a community garden plot!
- See this year’s Ignatius Farm brochure to learn more about the farm including projects and programs like internships and Community Shared Agriculture opportunities.
We would love for you to contribute to the Ignatius Farm newsletter! Please email email@example.com with your recipes, garden stories, and pictures.