Ignatius Farm has a community garden plot just for you! Perhaps you used to garden but no longer have the growing space? Did you garden alongside your (grand) parents when you were a child and want to try gardening on your own. Maybe you’ve never gardened before but are hoping to get started!
No matter your skill level or experience, the Ignatius Farm Community Gardens are a welcoming and beautiful place to garden, be a part of your neighbourhood farm, and build a wonderful sense of community.
Dig into the details:
- These Community Garden Plot Guidelines tell you about the plots available, timelines, expectations for garden care, resources, and events.
- Garden maps and plots are updated annually. See the Community Garden Map with the different garden plot fields: Sheep Orchard field, Main Barn South field, Loyola field, Pool Field and the new Upper Pond field.
Ready for a garden?
- Register online for a community garden plot this season! Straw mulch and compost are also for sale.
- Alternately, download the registration form and drop it off or put it in the mail.
Eager for more connection?
- Join the team for garden mark-up, waterlines set-up, straw deliveries and the year-end Clean & Glean. Annual details are in the Guidelines.
- Eager gardeners can trade volunteer tasks for a community garden plot! email email@example.com to learn more about waterline and weed survey roles.
- Contribute to the Ignatius Farm newsletter! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your photos, recipes and farm stories!