This program is FULL for 2022, and we are no accepting no more application at this time. However, do continue to read about this training program and consider applying for the 2023 offering, which will be posted later this summer or early fall.
“This program was informative, helpful, prayerful, and academic. The caliber of faculty was quite impressive.”
“The staff at Guelph possess a remarkable depth of knowledge and wisdom. I learned the skills of and experienced the benefits of spiritual direction.”
The six weeks of this program are designed to provide participants with fundamental skills in spiritual direction and retreat direction, as well as in-depth study of the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius Loyola. There are three components:
- A personally directed 8-day retreat, which becomes a spring board for learning about retreat direction.
- The Spiritual Directors’ Workshop: an intensive 12-day training program in spiritual direction. Includes a 3-day spiritual direction practicum under supervision.
- A seminar developing themes in Spiritual Direction for retreats and on-going direction.
Cost: $5,745 CAD – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
The Summer Practicum is suitable for:
- Christians of all traditions who pray and who possess an ability to understand and express interior experience
- people who are serious about their own spiritual journey and have some experience of accompanying others
- members of various religious and lay communities who show spiritual leadership potential
- mature individuals who are in formation and are looking for a program to help prepare for the ministries of Ignatian spirituality
- practitioners of Ignatian spirituality
Applicants must have made the full Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius under personal direction, either in the 30-day format or the Exercises in Daily Life.