Summer Training & Practicum in Spiritual Direction
June 20 @ 4:30 pm - August 30 @ 8:00 am
This program is FULL for 2022, and we are no accepting no more application at this time. However, do continue to read about this training program and consider applying for the 2023 offering, which will be posted later this summer or early fall.
“This program was informative, helpful, prayerful, and academic. The caliber of faculty was quite impressive.”
“The staff at Guelph possess a remarkable depth of knowledge and wisdom. I learned the skills of and experienced the benefits of spiritual direction.”
This 11-week practicum provides participants with fundamental skills in on-going spiritual direction and directing 3- to 8-day retreats. There are four components:
- A personally directed 8-day retreat, which becomes a spring board for learning about retreat direction.
- The Spiritual Directors’ Workshop: an intensive 12-day training program in spiritual direction. Includes a 3-day spiritual direction practicum under supervision.
- A seminar developing themes in Spiritual Direction for retreats and on-going direction.
- the opportunity to direct on three 8-day retreats with daily supervision, dependent upon suitability and readiness of each participant, as determined by Loyola House staff.
Cost: $9,485 CAD – Ensuite Room – private single bedroom with 3-piece washroom, desk and chair
The Summer Practicum is suitable for:
- Christians of all traditions who pray and who possess an ability to understand and express interior experience
- people who are serious about their own spiritual journey and have some experience of accompanying others
- members of various religious and lay communities who show spiritual leadership potential
- mature individuals who are in formation and are looking for a program to help prepare for the ministries of Ignatian spirituality
- practitioners of Ignatian spirituality
Applicants must have made the full Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius under personal direction, either in the 30-day format or the Exercises in Daily Life.